With the growing number of Smart TVs, there are different OS used in them. The latest OS would be the Google TV OS. This would be the next big step after Android TVs. Your Google TV works just like your smartphone with your google account. Google TVs have many features, and casting support is one among them. iOS devices have this amazing feature, using which you can screen mirror content from your iOS device to a connected screen. But can your AirPlay your iOS devices to your Google TV screen? If you have the same doubt, then this article about AirPlay on Google TV can help you.
Table of Contents
Can I AirPlay my iOS device to Google TV?
Yes, you can AirPlay any iOS device to your Google TV screen by enabling AirPlay HomeKit. You can either AirPlay Vidoe, Photo, and Audio separately or screen mirror your iOS device as a whole onto your TV.
You may also like to learn about How to Airplay Soundcloud?
How to Use AirPlay on Google TV?
You can AirPlay any content from your iOS device to your Google TV easily by connecting your iOS device and your TV to the same WiFi network. When your TV is on the same network as your iOS device while accessing AirPlay, the iOS device can easily detect your TV. To make your TV an AirPlay receiver, the AirPlay option needs to be turned on. Follow the simple procedures to AirPlay on your TV.
NOTE: On Smart TV without Google TV OS, you can connect a Chromecast device and turn it into a Google TV.
How to Enable AirPlay on Google TV?
You and directly AirPlay your iOS device to your Google TV over a WiFi network. But some of it might not be working due to the AirPlay features being turned off on your TV. To move on with the Screen Mirroring process, you need to enable the AirPlay option on your TV. The procedures to do so are as follows,
- Turn on your Google TV and connect it to a WiFi network.
- On your Google TV remote, press the Source button.
- Now go to the Edit option and find AirPlay.
- Open the AirPlay and HomeKit Settings menu.
- Select AirPlay and toggle it to turn it on.
How to Mirror iOS device to Google TV?
You can AirPlay your iOS devices like iPhone, iPad, and iPod to your Google TV easily. To get your devices screen mirrored to your Google TV, follow the simple steps provided here,
NOTE: Make sure that you have connected your iOS device and Google TV to the same WiFi network and have enabled the AirPlay feature on your TV.
- Play any video on your iOS device and press (AirPlay Video) option.
- To mirror audio from your Apple device, press (AirPlay Audio) icon.
- Open any photos on your Apple device and press (Share) icon.
- To mirror your whole iOS SmartPhone, navigate to the Control center and press the (Mirroring) option.
- Select the AirPlay option you want on your Apple device.
- Wait for your iOS device to search for AirPlay Receiver on the WiFi network.
- Select your Google TV and allow all the permissions asked.
- After a few seconds, you can see your iOS device’s video, audio, photo, or the whole device mirrored on your Google TV screen.
With the following steps, you have successfully screen mirrored your iOS device screen to your Google TV screen using the screen mirroring feature. You may also like to learn about How to Use Airplay on Roku?
What to do when AirPlay is Not Working on Google TV?
Sometimes you can see that the AirPlay feature is not working on your Google TV. It might be due to network issues or errors in your devices. If you are unable to screen mirror your iOS device to your Google TV, follow the steps provided here to make it work again on your Google TV.
- Go to the AirPlay HomeKit menu on your TV and see if the AirPlay option is turned on or off. If it is off, then turn it back on.
- Try to restart your Google TV, Apple device, and WiFi router. You can turn off your device, wait for a few minutes and restart it.
- Make sure to update your Apple device and your Google TV to its latest version.
You may also like to learn about How to Use Airplay on LG TV?
You have now learned to use AirPlay on your Google TV and can now mirror any iOS device to your Google TV. Since all Google TV models support AirPlay 2 and the HomeKit option, there is no need to worry about compatibility. Make sure to use a high-band WiFi network to have a glitch-free AirPlay experience.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the Smart TV brands that have Google TV OS?
Hisense, Philips, Sony, and TLC are the Smart TV brands that have Google TV OS in them. You can also use Chromecast devices on any model Smart TVs HDMI port and turn it into a Google TV.
What are the features of Google TV?
The Google TV interface is easy to use and offers easy access to content. You can connect your Google Account to your Google TV. The Google Assitant features add access to Google TV using voice commands. You can easily connect other smart devices to your Google TV.