Smart TVs can be found in most of the households in the world. There are different brands of Smart TV and each comes with different Operatin Systems. Google TV is one such Smart TV that uses it own OS. There is also Chromecast with Google TV devices which can turn any Smart TV into a Google TV. As you are using your Google TV, you can sometimes find that your Google TV not working issues. From this article you can learn the procedures you need to fix the errors and make Googel TV work again.
Table of Contents
What is Google TV?
Google TV is an interface that can optimise your Android TV and gives you content from multiple streaming channels in one place. You get recommendations for content based on your search and history.
Google TV is available on Chromecast, Smart TV, and Android App. You can download Google TV from the app store on these devices.
Why is Google TV not Working?
You may sometime find that your Google TV is not working correctly. There are some errors and problems with either your internet source or the OS of your TV, that caous Google TV to not work. Some of the major caused for your google TV to not work are as follows,
- Not connected to WiFi Network
- Not updating your app or TV
- Using a different account that is without Google TV service.
- Not clearing your App data.
- Due to bugs or cache files.
You may also like to learn about Paramount Plus Not Working on LG Smart TV?
How to Fix Google TV Not Working issue?
Your Google TV inbuilt or Chromecast connected Smart TV can sometimes stop functioning due to errors. If you think that your Google TV is not working due to errors, you just need to wait, because the developers will see to the problem and make a fix for it. There are certain thing you can try out on your end to make Google TV. Follow the methods given here to fix Google TV not working issue.
How to Restart any Google TV device?
If you find the your Google TV is not responding to the commands you provide then there are some issues you need to solve. But to start it you must first try to restart your Google TV. The simple steps to restart any Google TV are as follows,
- You need to unplug the Google TV power supply.
- Leaver your setup as it is for few minutes.
- Plug back the power cords to their original place and turn on the switches.
- Press the power button on your Google TV remote to turn on your TV.
if you find the you Google TV is unresponsive even after a restart, you need to try out other methods to make your Google TV work.
How to Update Apps on Google TV?
The application that you are trying to access on your Google TV can sometime not respond. It is because of its update, and you have to update the app to its latest version. To update any application on your Google TV, follow the steps given here,
- Go to Google Play Store on your TV.
- Select your Profile icon and tap on the Manage app & Games option.
- Now choose Update and select Update All.
Wait for all the apps on your Google TV to be updated to their latest versions. You can also set automatic update on your Google TV by going to Google Play Settings and selecting Auto-Update Apps option.
How to Clear Data on Google TV?
If your Google TV has lot of cache memory that cause it to slow down, you can find errors when you try to access apps on Google TV. You need to clear the app cache of the application you want by following the steps provided here,
- Navigate to google to Settings menu.
- Tap on Apps option and select the See All Apps option.
- Select the app you want to clear cache for.
- Tap on Clear Data option.
This will remove all the temporary bugs at your App memory and lets it work smother when you open it again.
Sign Out and Sign In to your Google Account:
There might sometimes errors due to your Google Account. You can either remove your account and add a new account or creat a new Google Account. To do soo, the steps to be followed are,
- On your Google TV home screen select your Profile icon.
- Go to the Settings option and choose Account & Sign In option.
- Now choose your profile and select Remove and then Remove Account to delete your Google Account from your Google TV.
- Click on Add and select Add Accont ot add your new Google Account
- Enter your Email ID and Password or by two step verification process from your SmartPhone.
How to Update Google TV OS?
Updates on Google TV OS can cause your discomfort it using your Google TV. You can check for updates and if ther is any you can download and install it on our TV. The step to update your Google TV are as follows,
- Select the Profile icon from Google TV Home screen and select the Settings opiton.
- Now choose the System option and select About.
- Tap on System Update option and wait for your Google TV to find Updates.
- If updates are found, follow the on-screen isntruciotn to download and install the updates.
Once the update is complete you can access your Google TV same as before, but this time without bugs. You may also like to learn about How to Update Apps on Samsung Smart TV?
How to fix Google TV Remote?
If you are having any trouble using your Google TV remote, follow the simple steps below.
- On your remote, remove batteries and reinsert them.
- Change your batteries to new ones.
- Go to Google Home Screen
- Select “profile icon” and tap on “Settings.”
- Tap on “Remote & Accessories” and select “Remote Control.”
- Check for updates.
- If there is any update, then install it.
With these steps, the issues on your remote have been solved. Contact your device manufacturer if you have trouble even after following these methods and steps.
Chromecast Pairing Error:
Sometimes your remote scans for Bluetooth devices to pair and doesn’t pair with it. Then it would be best if you rebooted your Chromecast. To reboot, follow the steps,
- On your Chromecast device, unplug the power cable.
- Wait for three seconds.
- Plug the power cable back into your device.
You may also like to learn about How to Chromecast on Vizio Smart TV?
You can now access Google TV without any hazel by following the simple method and steps provided in this article. Since, Google TV OS is new, there will be lot of bug fixes at first, which means that you need to update your TV OS frequently. Make sure to connect with a good WiFi network to get rid of glitches and other network errors.
Frequently Asked Quesions:
What are all the Google TV accessible devices?
The devices that have access to Google TV are, Chromecast, and All Android devices. You can get Google OS on Smart TV brands like TCL, Philips, Hisense, and Sony.
What is the latest version of Google TV?
The latest version of Google TV would be Android TV 13. If your Googel TV is not on this Verison, make sure to update it.