Update Apps on Samsung Smart TV by setting up your Smart TV to update the apps automatically. You can delete and reinstall it to update the app on your Samsung TV. You can also learn about updating the software and firmware of your Samsung TV by reading this article to the end.
The vital information that we will discuss in this article is,
- Automatic Update of apps on Samsung TV
- Older Model Samsung Smart TV App update.
- Checking Software Updates
- Steps to Delete and reinstall apps
- Firmware Update of Samsung TV
Table of Contents
How Can I Update Apps on Samsung Smart TV?
When you make your Samsung Smart TV automatically update the apps, you can cut short your time manually updating every app on your Samsung TV. To set up your Samsung Smart TV to automatically update the installed apps, follow the instructions given,
- Using your remote, press the Home button.
- Navigate to the Apps icon and press OK.
- Move on to the Settings Icon and select the icon.
- Now hover over the Auto Update option and press OK on the remote to toggle the switch to enable the automatic Update.
How to Update Apps on an Older Model Samsung TV?
If you are using an older model Samsung Smart TV, then follow the steps given below to update the apps installed,
- On your Samsung Remote, click the Smart Hub button
- Now navigate to Features and select the option.
NOTE: The apps with a Blue circle and white arrow shows that these apps need to be updated to their latest version.
- Select the app you want to update
- Now press and hold the enter button on your remote.
- From the menu that appears, move to Update Apps and press OK on the remote.
- Now highlight select all and press OK to select all the apps.
- After that, move to Update and press OK.
This will update all the apps that are in their old version.
To download apps on your Samsung Smart TV, refer to How to Install Discovery Plus on Samsung Smart TV: Simple Guide.
How to Check for Samsung Smart TV Software Updates?
To do a software update on your Samsung Smart TV, you need to follow the simple instruction given,
- On your Smart tv remote, press the settings button.
- Move on to Support and select the Software Update option
- Now press OK on your remote and select Update now
NOTE: Please connect to a good WiFi internet connection to update faster and without any lag.
You can also update an app to its latest version by reinstalling the app on your Samsung Smart TV. The app data also gets deleted, so you must log in again if your app asks. This can also remove the bugs and other glitches from the app.
How to Delete and Reinstall Apps on Samsung Smart TV?
Follow the instructions to delete and reinstall the apps on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Using your remote, press the Home button.
- Move to the app you want to delete and highlight that app.
- Press the Down button on your remote
- From the list, select the Remove option and press enter button on the remote.
- Again hover over the Remove option, and press Enter to delete the app.
You have now successfully deleted the app, now to install the app on your Samsung Smart TV again, the steps to be followed are,
- On your Samsung remote, press the Home button.
- Select the Apps option and press OK.
- Choose the app you deleted and press the enter button on the remote.
- Select Add to Home and press enter button and move it to a position you like.
The app gets downloaded again on your Samsung Smart TV with its latest version.
You may also be interested in reading How to Download HBO Max on Samsung Smart TV?
How to Update Samsung Smart TV Firmware?[for 2020 TU/Q/LS Models]
You can update your Samsung Smart TV Firmware by following simple instructions.
- Connect your Samsung TV to a good WiFi connection.
- On your Smart TV remote, Click the home button
- Go to settings and select the support tab.
NOTE: If you find that the Software Update option in grey color change TV source to Live TV.
- Now move to the Update Now option and press enter on remote.
- The search for the new firmware begins, and if there is any, you will get prompted to select Yes or No to update.
- Press Yes to update the firmware to its latest version.
- Wait for the download and installation process to complete.
- Once your Samsung Smart TV restarts, you can use it as usual.
The process of updating your Samsung Smart TV is successfull. The steps given will help you keep your firmware up to date.
To understand more about the Samsung TV app, try to read, How to Download Apps on Samsung Smart TV?[Included 3rd Party Apps]
Frequently Asked Questions:
Why do I Need to Update Apps on Samsung TV?
You need to update your apps on Samsung TV to make the app work smoothly and faster and remove the lags and bugs.
Can Samsung Smart TV apps update Automatically?
To automatically update the apps on Samsung Smart TV, the steps to be followed are,
Home–>Apps–>Settings–>Auto Update–>Toggle on.
With the simple instructions given in this article, you can now successfully update apps on older and newer models of Samsung Smart TV and also can update the software and firmware of your Samsung TV. You have also learned an alternative way to update apps on Samsung Smart TV.
If you have any doubts about the content provided in this article, you can discuss your doubts in the comment section at the end of the page.