Google TV is an Amazing platform to access content all over the world. It contains many official applications on its Play Store. It has a feature that many Applications are already installed on this device. But you need to download the Kodi on Google TV from its respective App Store. You can access the Kodi on your device officially. So here we are going to share the step-by-step procedure to watch its content on Google TV. Read this article, on How to Install Kodi on Google TV.
Kodi is a free media player, and it is dedicated to your smart TV. It is media center software and downloads on your Android smartphone. It would be the best for cord cutters. So they can able to get all video on demand and live content without any subscription. You can stream Kodi content on your Google TV using the Google Chromecast streaming device. You can stream movies, live TV shows, series, gaming, and many more.
Table of Contents
How to Install Kodi on Google TV using Chromecast?
You can directly install Kodi on your Google TV by using the Google Chromecast streaming device. You can also side-load the app to stream on your Google TV if you don’t have a Chromecast in your home.
So there are two ways here to install and stream Kodi on your Google TV by following the given session.
- Navigate to the Google TV home screen and choose the Search icon from the upper left corner of your screen.
- Further, search for the Kodi app in the search bar and press enter to go.
- Then choose the official app from the search results.
- Now tap to install the app once you find it, and then it will start to download it on your TV.
- Open the app once it gets downloaded, and then you will get a pop-up that shows Info.
- Now tap to Continue by allowing the Kodi media center to access the media from your Google TV.
- Also, you can include any additional media content from the Kodi Home screen.
- Now you can able to explore the Kodi content on your Google TV and enjoy the streaming on the big screen.
Also, Read How to Install Kodi on Android TV
Another Way to get Kodi on Google TV
You can also use third-party apps like Downloader, ES File Explorer, Downloader app, and many more apps available to download your apps to your Google TV. So here we will let you know to install the Kodi Add on the Downloader app from your Google TV.
- Go to the Google TV Home screen and then search for the Downloader app using the search bar.
- Now choose the official app in the search result and then tap to install it on your Google TV.
- Choose the app to install on your Google TV under the Apps.
- Then tap to install the app and then wait for it to complete the download process.
- Once the app is downloaded, then go back to the home screen of your TV.
- Choose the settings menu and then tap on the system option.
- Again press the About option and then tap on the Android TV OS simultaneously seven times.
- Now you can view a pop-up message that enables the Developer options.
- Now scroll down the Apps menu and tap on it.
- Tap on the Security and Restrictions menu and then click on the right arrow to navigate to the right side of your screen in the apps placed.
- Next, enable the unknown source from the Downloader app.
- Now open the app and tap Allow to access the media.
- Again press the OK to the pop-up message and then press the search bar.
- Then enter the respective URL to install Kodi on Chromecast.
- Once you enter, tap the Go tab to install Kodi on your Google TV.
- Once it gets downloaded tap to install it.
- Now tap to install Kodi on Chromecast and then tap done.
- Again tap to delete it and do that again for confirmation.
- Go back to the All Apps section and then navigate to Kodi on Chromecast.
- Now Kodi is installed on your TV using the Downloader app.
That’s it. Now you can stream your desired content on your Kodi from the big screen.
Check the post: How to Install Netflix on Kodi
Method 2: How to get Kodi on Google TV? Using screen mirroring
This is one of the easiest ways of getting Kodi Video content on Google TV. It contains many On-demand Videos from different Categories. Whereas this Kodi application is officially available on the Google Play Store. So it is compatible with the Android device. After installation, you can use a screen mirroring method to watch all its Amazing content on the Google TV Screen.
Must ensure that you have to connect your devices with the same internet connection.
The Steps are:
- Download the Kodi App from the Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Then move to the Notification Panel.
- Click the Cast icon option.
- It shows a list of devices around you.
- Choose your device name from the list.
- Pair It.
- Once the process is done you can choose the content to stream on Google TV.
Similar post: How to Get Kodi on Roku
Here we have provided you with a confirmation regarding how to get Kodi on Google TV. However, we have given you two various ways to install Kodi on your TV: Chromecast and third-party apps like the Downloader app. If you have any further information or doubts regarding this article, let me know in the comment section.