Are you the one who surfs how to play Steam Link on LG TV? Then this is the right place to get your answer. Read continuously to know more about it. Playing Online Games on Smart TV relishes and entertains more people. This Steam Link is entirely free for LG Smart TV and any other streaming service platform. This guide helps to explain briefly Steam Link.
Table of Contents
What is Steam Link?
Steam Link is an online digital platform that Valve Corporation creates. Here, you can play games and buy and discuss PC Games; they host more games from this platform. This was launched as an autonomous software client in 2003. Moreover, It offers users automatic updates of genes, community features, and installations like groups, friend lists, game voice, cloud storage, and chat functionality.
Steam also extends into web-based online and digital mobile storefronts. Also, it provides Digital Rights Management (DRG) video streaming, hosting, and social networking services. You can allow the steam link service on different platforms such as Android, Windows, iOS, Linux, etc. This app supports 28 languages, and it is also a universal app that you can install and use for free.
Also, read How to Chromecast Steam Link to TV
How to Add & Play Steam Link on LG Smart TV?
The Steam Link is free to install and play. It is available on all platforms and devices, such as Windows, Mac, iPad, Apple iPhone, Apple TV, Android phones, TVs, Tablets, etc.
Note: Steam Link app is still not included in the LG Content Store to get the app directly. But we can only hope that the app will be available on your LG smart TV soon.
- Initially, switch on your LG smartTV and connect to the internet.
- From the Home screen, go to the LG content store.
- Visit the search bar and enter the Steam link app.
- Then choose the app and tap to download it.
- Launch the app and then sign in with your account credentials.
A similar post How to use Steam games on NVidia Shield
Some LG TV models don’t support the Steam Link app, so you can choose any other possible method in order to get and play on your LG smart TVs using any of the external streaming devices.
Install Steam Link on LG Smart TV through External device:
Although You can play games on some streaming devices such as Apple TV, Android TV, Roku TV, etc., If you are using any streaming device, you can easily install LG smart TV using Android TV or any other device. Follow further steps to install.
- First, switch on your streaming devices, such as Apple TV or Roku device.
- Make sure that your streaming service is connected to an internet connection.
- Go to the Google Play Store or App Store from your device.
- Visit the search bar and enter the app.
- After the search result, tap to download the Steam Link app.
- Launch the app when it’s downloaded, and then log in to your account credentials.
- Finally, you can now play your game on the Steam Link app.
How to Play Steam Link on LG smart TV Via Fire TV?
- Make sure to set up your LG TV with a Fire TV using an HDMI cable.
- Get into the Fire TV Main menu and then prompt to the Find menu.
- Further, look for the Steam Link app using the Search tile.
- Tap to install the official app from the search result.
- Once it gets installed, proceed to sign in using its credentials.
- Now you can start to play Steam link games on your LG TV connected with a Firestick device.
Steam Link is an online gaming app that may support many more streaming devices like Roku, Android TV, Apple TV, etc. Here we explain how to install and play the Steam Link. Suppose you have any trouble installing and playing games on LG smart TV, comment below.
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Does Steam Link available on LG smart TV?
Unfortunately, the Steam Link app doesn’t make available to install on LG smart TV. But you can expect it in the future.
2. Is Steam Link Free to Play?
Of course, you can install the steam link app for free, and it is compatible with various streaming platforms and devices such as Android, Linux, Windows, iOS, etc.
3. Can you download Steam Link on my LG Smart TV?
At present, there is no longer a need to connect anything to your TV for Gaming. Because LG Smart TV and Nvidia GeForce Now service bring to a range of LG Smart TVs.
4. Can I Install Games on my LG Smart TV?
Yes, you can install it from the below instructions.
Home Button-> LG content Store-> Search-> Games-> Download.
5. How to enable Game Mode on my LG TV?
Go to HDTV from LG and navigate to the Picture Menu to turn on Game Mode. From that option, tap Picture Mode. Choose modes like vivid, standard, and more. From that Menu, click the Game option and make your picture mode turn on.