No Wonder we all have that one person in our lives that we want to put in mute -Maybe he is annoying. Well, in that case, Humans, when quit, can even look good ever; imagine the Content that you are streaming becomes mute. Like, you would seriously never want that. But, if you are one of the users who face this issue on their Streaming Service, Then we are here to your Rescue. Learn How to Fix Paramount Plus No Sound Error?
Table of Contents
Why Paramount Plus has No Sound Error?
Emerging as a Streaming Service and Providing innumerable Entertainment options also come with Pros and Cons. With Paramount Plus, developers fix bugs and, at the same time, provide updates frequently. There are some times when you will experience no sound on paramount plus. Many reasons can be listed for this issue, but with respect to Paramount plus, “Why can’t I hear audio when I stream a show or movie?” has an answer.
- Older Version of the App.
- Make the app force quit.
- Malfunctioning of the Device.
- Unsupported Browsers usage.
- Minimum system requirements not fulfilled.
Some other major causes that can be added to this Paramount Plus No Sound problem would be,
- Sound Settings on your device.
- Internet connectivity and server problems.
- Device firmware issues.
- Fault with connections to Audio players.
What Happens When the Error occurs?
When you have these problems, you will get Paramount Plus issues like
- Video Playing With No availability of Audio.
- Both Video and Audio are Out of Sync.
- The Quality of the Sound becomes Choppy, Inaudible, and Unclear even to hear.
And to Solve all the issues and Resume watching your Movies/Shows etc. You will need to have the Troubleshooting methods that you can use to Fix Paramount Plus NO Sound Error.
How to Fix Paramount Plus No Sound Error?
As you have learned, that causes your Paramount Plus app not to have sound and audio being out of sync with the video. It is time to fix it. Here we will be discussing all the troubleshooting methods that you can try to get sound back on your Paramount Plus and Resolve the issue.
Method 1: Checking App, Browser, and Devices.
Before using Paramount Plus, you need to know whether you are using it on the correct Supported device or browser. Since Paramount Plus can be accessed in both ways. As an App and as a web page on a browser, you need to make sure that it is on its latest version.
There are also some Minimum System Requirements that are necessary to be made sure of to make the app run smoothly.
- RAM higher than 1GB.
- Sound card and Speaker with 16-bit.
- 800 Kbps internet connection with higher bandwidth.
- Disabled Pop-ups and Ad-blockers.
- Video Display Card with 65.000 Colors.
Windows 8+, Mac OS X 10.9
Windows 8+, Mac OS X 10.9
Mac OS X 10.10+
|Microsoft Edge (Version 14)||Windows 10+|
- Apple SmartPhone – iOS 13+
- Android SmartPhone – Android 5+
|CPU Speed||2.33 GHz and more|
|Operating Systems||Windows 8 and later versions|
|CPU Speed||2.33 GHz and more|
|Operating Systems||Mac OS X v10.6 and later versions|
- For Android devices (SmartPhones and Smart TVs) from Google Play Store – Version 12.0.27.
- For iOS devices (iPhone, iPad, and Apple TV) from Apple App Store – Version 14.0.36.
These are the things you need to check before accessing Paramount Plus on your device. Once you have ensured all the Necessary Requirements, you will not have to face any issues while streaming.
Method 2: Check Hardware Parts.
There might be some malfunctions within the speakers or the wires connecting them to the source. Not connecting correctly can cause the speaker to produce no sound. If you try to play other contents except for Paramount+ and still find no sound, then you need to check your connecting wires and other parts related to Audio.
- Check the Wire connection between your device and the speaker. If you are using external speakers, check the power cables too.
- If you find any faults, then change the connecting cables with new ones.
- Take your device or speaker to a professional to check the creditability of the speaker.
If there is no problem with the hardware, then you need to move to solve issues with the software.
Method 3: Update the Paramount Plus App and Firmware of your device.
Having the out-of-date app version of Paramount Plus and using an old version of firmware or OS on your Smart TV, Browser of SmartPhone can cause errors. This might also be the reason for the Paramount Plus No Sound problem. You can update your Paramount Plus App, Browser, and Device Firmware to their latest versions to get rid of the errors.
NOTE: The following methods that we will be discussing can be applicable to both iOS and Android devices.
- Open the default app store > Search for Paramount+ app > click on Update
Update Paramount Plus on Other devices:
Open Paramount+ > Settings > System > Software Updates > Update Software.
|Android TV||Apps > Google Play Store > My Apps > Update > Accept|
|Fire TV||Highlight Paramount+ > Menu > More Info > Update > Update App Now|
|Roku||Roku Home > Settings > System > System Update > Check Now|
Settings > All Settings > General > About this TV > Allow Automatic updates > Check for updates.
|VIZO TV||Menu Button on Remote > System > Check for Updates|
Smart Hub > My Apps > Find Paramont+ > Hold Enter on remote > Update Apps
System > Settings > Updates & downloads > Keep my games & apps up to date
|PlayStation 4||Highlight Paramount+ > Options button > Check for Updates|
Xfinity App Store > Find Paramount+ > Settings > Support > check App Version
|Cox Contour Box||Automatically updated to the latest version of Paramount+.|
Method 4: Clear Cache.
Having unwanted data stored on your device about the app can cause errors. These bugs will not only produce errors but can also cause damage to your device. Clearing Paramount Plus app cache data as well as removing history and cookies on the web browsers can be one of the solutions to Paramount Plus No audio problems.
|BROWSER||CLEAR CACHE STEPS|
|Google Chrome||click> More Tools > Clear Browsing data > All time > Check the boxes (“Cookies and other site data” and “Cached images and files”) > Clear data|
|Mozilla Firefox||Click > Settings > Privacy & Security > Cookies and Site Data > Clear Data > Check “Cached web Content” only > Clear|
|Safari||History > Clear History|
|Microsoft Edge||Settings and more ⋯ > Settings > Privacy, search and services > Clear browsing data > Clear browsing data now > Choose Time range > Clear now|
- Go to the Paramount+ app information page.
- Choose Clear Data.
This can clear all the cache files of the Paramount Plus app on your SmartPhone.
Method 5: Solve Network and Server Problems.
Having Paramount Plus content buffering too much can cause Video and Audio to go out of sync and sometimes can cause Paramount Plus no sound problems that are mentioned in this article. In order to avoid the Occurrence of this kind of Issue, you will need to give check the Network Connections made on your device for Streaming.
- Get your device connected to other sources of the Internet, like mobile hotspots, to check if there is any problem with the network provider.
- Try decreasing internet traffic by removing unwanted network connections with devices that are not in use.
- Change the bandwidth of your router and see if it solves the Paramount Plus No Sound Error.
- Reset your modem and router by pressing the reset button on the device and wait for some time.
- Check with other Paramount users; if they have the same error, then you need to wait for Paramount Plus to solve its error with its server.
If you have tried all the troubleshooting mentioned above methods and still cannot resolve the issue. Then it is probably time that you have to look deep into your Devices’ Functionality and its audio parts. However, you can solve the error with the help of these fixes provided. You can also choose to Contact the Paramount Plus Help Center-Simply Visit the Official Help website, Mention your issue and wait for them to resolve it in time.
Frequently Asked Questions:
How to fix Paramount Plus No Captions Error?
While playing any Movie or Video Content on your Paramount Plus, If you notice that you do not have Closed Captions available in the Particular Episode or Streaming . You can choose to Fix that with a Simple Setting.
On the App, Access Settings to Get the Closed Cap[tions displayed on your Current Playing Content-Follow as mentioned ;
- Settings > Accessibility > Closed Captions > Turn on
How to Change Language on Paramount Plus?
When you select the Gear icon on the Paramount Plus app media player, you can see the available Languages under Audio and related Captions on the left side. Here you can select the language you want and close it. You can do the same on PC but have to select the CC option.
What Other Fixes to Solve Paramount Plus No Sound Error?
When Updating, Force Quit, Supported Browsers -Everything is done; you can try another Troubleshooting method to solve the issue.
Restart the device that you are using to stream the Paramount+ Content. Turn OFF Your device for some time and Turn it ON Back to Check whether the issue has been resolved.
You can try Restarting with your Internet Router also.