Kodi is an independent app that is also considered the topmost entertainment platform, now possible at Kodi For Chromebook. Kodi helps you to stream and maintain your media content throughout every device. It is suitable for many video and music formats. You can get this app free of cost.
It is adaptable to famous platforms such as Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Gaming Consoles, streaming devices, Raspberry Pi, and also in Chrome OS devices. Installing Kodi helps you to experience fabulous video content on Chromebook. So, Let’s jump directly on Kodi For Chromebook.
Table of Contents
How to Install Kodi on Chromebook?
It is not a big task to transform your Chromebook into a media hub. If you install Kodi on Chromebook, then you can watch your desired media content without any objections or limitations. Some of the Chromebook devices have constituted with the Google play store app by itself.
So you can install Kodi easily in the Google play store. Another way to install Kodi is through the Chromebook. There are three important techniques to download Kodi on Chromebook. They are,
- Install Kodi on Chromebook through the Google Play store
- Install Kodi on Chromebook through Arc Welder
- Download Kodi on the Chromebook Chrome extension.
Also, Read Seren Kodi Addon
Install Kodi For Chromebook Through Google Play Store
When your Chromebook is aided with Android applications, then you have to use the Google Play Store to install them. Following steps show to install Kodi on Chromebook using the Google play store,
Step-1: Go to Google play store.
Step-2: Search the Kodi app.
Step-3: Select the Kodi app which is invented by XBMC Foundation.
Step-4: Select Install to download.
Once the installation is over, then you can stream the Kodi app on your Chromebook device.
How to Install Kodi on Chromebook by using Arc Welder:
Arc Welder is a device that supports makers to work on any new applications. When your Chromebook fails to suit your Android apps, then you can install Kodi on your Chromebook through Arc Welder. Follow the below-given steps to install Kodi on Chromebook using Arc Welder.
Step-1: Install Arc Welder on Chromebook.
Step-2: Download Arc Welder with the help of the Chrome Web store.
Step-3: Alternatively, download the new edition of the Kodi apk file from websites such as Apk Mirror and Apk Pure, known as third-party websites.
Step-4: Go to Arc Welder, Click + Icon.
Step-5: Choose the downloaded Kodi Apk File and then tap on the Open button.
Step-6: Click Test.
Step-7: After a few minutes, you will be displayed a Kodi media player on the Kodi homepage.
More Info, DeathStar IPTV on Kodi
Kodi Chrome Extension
You can use this as the alternative method to install Kodi on Chromebook. Below-given steps guide you to install Kodi on your Chromebook using the Kodi Chrome extension.
Step-1: Go to Chrome Browser.
Step-2: Click Menu Icon.
Step-3: Choose More Tools > Click Extension.
Step-4: Enable the developer mode.
Step-5: Click Load Unpacked.
Step-6: Bring your downloaded Folder and choose the Kodi apk file which you have generated with the help of ARC.
Step-7: Click Open.
Step-8: Once the Kodi installing format is over, you can stream Kodi media content using the Chrome extension.
Step to Install Kodi on Chromebook Through Linux app:
If your System has Linux OS then you are the lucky user, because it is a very easy process to install Kodi on Chromebook. Follow the upcoming steps. Suppose your Laptop or PC doesn’t have Linux. Then you have to update your OS. After that, you have to install a Linux application.
- First, you should launch the terminal application.
- Then you have to fill in the instruction they need.
- After that, it will show many text lines in that you have to click the download progress at the end of the text.
- If the Installation is finished then you have to type the command once again.
- Further, you can use the search option on your Chromebook to find the installed application.
- If the process is over then you have to run the following command and install the Kodi app on it.
- Once the installation process gets over then you have to open that application and sign in with your account and stream your favorite content and enjoy it.
Compatible devices to install Kodi on Chromebook:
- Apple TV
- Xbox One
- Smart TV
- Sling tv
To Get More Info, Vader Streams Kodi Addon
The highlight of Kodi:
Kodi has many features and it has a media player. By using this you can use Playing music, movies, events, Browsing Phot, watch Live TV, and all your Favorite TV shows. In addition, it has lots of Customized options on Kodi you can fix that options based on your wish. The most popular and famous Kodi feature is the Kodi addon which is the backbone of every software. You can use this Kodi addon to watch all your favorite movies, TV shows, and live TV. You can use the most popular service like Youtube on Kodi to watch all these things.
Once you have installed Kodi, then you can also install Addons to stream media content from several third-party apps. We hope this article will surely help you to install Kodi on your Chromebook.
Frequently asked questions
1. Can I access Android on a Chromebook?
Yes, you can install and access Android applications on Chromebook with the help of the Google Play Store app. Presently, the Google Play Store is available only for a few Chromebooks.
2. Is that possible to stream Netflix on a Chromebook?
You can stream Netflix on Chromebook using the Netflix website or Netflix app.
3. How to solve an unresponsive Chromebook?
- Give a hold on the power button for a few seconds and it will switch off immediately.
- Now, switch it on again so that it can solve an unresponsive Chromebook.
4. How to reboot a Chromebook?
- Switch off your Chromebook by holding any one of the power buttons, or by tapping into the menu which appears in the bottom-right corner, and choosing the power button.
- Give a long press on the refresh icon and then click on the power icon.
5. Can I access FireStick on Chromebook?
Yes, you can access but sometimes it creates some buffering issues. Follow the below-given steps to access FireStick on Chromebook.
- Navigate to the settings option and then enable Screen mirroring.
- Tap on the Google Cast button in the browser on your Chromebook and then you could find the FireStick in the catalog.