Use Laptop As Monitor Ps4: If you are a lover of playing video games, then you must enjoy the power and features of Ps4 providers. Ps4 is the best one to play video games. So mostly people prefer Ps4 to play games. And also you can get hundreds of gaming options in Ps4. It is a bit tough task to connect your laptop with Ps4. In this article, we will see how to connect a laptop with ps4.
How to Plug My Ps4 into the Laptop and Play Without Using Remote Play?
Laptops are not hubs, the HDMI is only and out port meaning you can send info out but cannot receive anything. So you could use other screens like tv or bigger monitor as a screen instead of the laptop screen but you cannot use the laptop screen for anything else than your actual laptop internal usage.
So Coming to Answer Yes, you can use your laptop as a monitor for your PS4. Although it’s not as simple as using an HDMI cord to connect your PS4 directly to your laptop. The reason is that HDMI is a one-way connection only.
Play Without Using Remote Play:
- The HDMI port on your PS4 is an output port and the same as well on your laptop.
- You can still use your HDMI cord but you’re going to need a video capture card. Though you have to spend extra to get the equipment ready and start playing your PS4 on your laptop. To connect your laptop to your PS4 using a video capture card, follow the steps below:
- Make sure your PS4 is connected to your internet.
- Connect the Video Capture Card on your laptop via the USB port. The video capture card has a ready-install software to function correctly which is very easy to do, just follow the on-screen instruction on your laptop.
Using an S-video connection cable, attach the video card to your PS4.
- Now attach the HDMI-OUT on the PS4 game console and the HDMI-IN on the capture card.
- Open the video card’s software you installed and turn on your PS4.
- Make sure that the application is in full-screen mode to display full resolution.
- There is another budget-friendly option. You can use the Sony Remote Play app.
- Download the latest version of the app on your laptop. It is available in Windows and Mac users.
- Complete the installation of the app on your laptop. Once done, go to the settings of the app. Look for the
- Remote Play Connection Settings and enable.
- Check also the set resolution, choose 1080p for high-resolution laptops or 720p.
- Connect your controllers to your laptop using a USB cable.
- On the app, look for the start button, it will redirect you on your Play Station login screen and the app will automatically detect your PS4 on the system.
Also Read: How to Delete User Account on Ps4
How To Play PS4 On Laptop Screen With HDMI:
Method 1 – Use video Capture Card
HDMI connection does not support for two way connection. It is a one-directional connection. It should be designed as an output port. So your laptop could not receive proper signals from your ps4. By following the below-given steps you can connect it properly.
- Video capturing card
- Internet connection
- File sharing enables
- HDMI with dual program
Related Post: Mobdro on Roku
Use Laptop Monitor As PS4
To use ps4 on a laptop, a video capture card can be an excellent option. It will help you to connect the laptop with ps4 and helps you to play games on a laptop or any other screen.
1: You have to switch on “File sharing”.
2: Go to the settings tab in the PS4 menu.
3: Find for “Network settings”. From there you can get an Internet connection.
4: Router and configurations of ps4 will help you to connect the computer in the absence of wireless Internet.
5: Once the connection has been established, you can stream between the two machines.
6: Then you can connect the video capture cards to your laptop by using a USB port.
7: To connect the video capture card to your ps4 console, you need an S- video connection cable.
8: Then fix HDMI– out to the game console and also fix HDMI– into the VCC.
9: switch on the game console and run the video capture card on your system.
Similar Post: How to Use Zoom App on Ps4
Using Streaming Service:
In this method, Sony remote play will help you to connect your ps4 on a laptop. This software allows for a remote connection to your laptop from ps4. To achieve this connectivity, you need a gaming console, USB cable, and laptop.
1: Download remote play app from the Sony website.
2: To enable the remote play connection switch on your ps4 settings.
3: you can access your network by having your ps4 activated or by using “ rest option”.
4: Check whether it is going in power save settings.
5: If it is not, you have to set it to the “ rest method”.
6: Now switch on “Enable turning on” to activate ps4.
7: Next access the “Remote App” on your laptop.
8: Find the “Setting” option in that.
9: There setup “Resolution Settings”.
10: To connect your computer with a laptop, Use USB cable.
11: Now find the start button on your remote play app.
12: Once you click the start button, it will go to the play station login screen page.
13: Now your app will select your ps4 in the system.
14: By using this method you can stream games on a laptop.
Video game playing is one of the most favorites of children. To play video games ps4 will be a good choice. The above-given steps help you to connect the laptop to your ps4. We hope this article will help you to know about the details of it.
Also Read: Download & Install Kodi On PS4