Have you looked at the popular shows available on Apple TV plus app? They look all great, but you only have a Chromecast device or a Googel TV on you. Are you in doubt about whether you can watch Apple TV Plus on Google TV? This article will help you stream all the popular shows of Apple TV+ on your Google TV. Here we will be discussing the subscriptions to Apple TV Plus and the procedure to get the app on your Google TV. Continue to read and learn more about it.
Table of Contents
Is Apple TV Plus on Google TV?
Yes, you can get the Apple TV Plus app on your Google TV from the Google Play Store. After downloading the app, you can use your Apple TV Plus subscription credentials to access all the continents offered by it.
Apple TV Plus:
The Apple TV app is a complete package for Apple users. All Apple users can rent or purchase any movies and TV Shows that are available in their vast library of media content. You can also watch its originals like The Morning Show and Ted Lasso.
Now, Apple TV Plus is available on all Apple devices and comes with various devices too. Likewise, now Apple TV+ has shown itself on the most expected Google Chromecast device.
To access the content from the Apple TV app, you need to sign in with your Apple ID. With this, you can even rent or purchase movies and TV shows and subscribe to the channels.
If you possess a Google Chromecast with Google TV, you can watch all of the content on Apple TV Plus that is recommended and personalized to you. You can even access Google Assistant with your voice command.
You can access all the Apple TV Plus features by subscribing to any of its packages. If you buy a new Apple TV device, you can get 3 months of free access to Apple TV Plus. You can pay $6.99 per month to access all the programs and originals available on Apple TV Plus on any device.
Also, read How to Install Zoom App On Apple TV
How to Install Apple TV on Google TV?
With your Google Chromecast in hand, it is very easy to connect it to your Android TV and watch Apple TV on the device.
The following steps will render a guide for you.
- Firstly, from the Google TV home screen, search for Apple TV. Or, you can choose Apps from the home screen, hit “Search for Apps,” and look for Apple TV.
- After spotting the app, click on it
- Click on the Install option from the screen
You have now successfully got the Apple TV Plus app on your Google TV. Now to watch its contents continue to read.
How to Watch Apple TV Plus on Google TV?
Now that you got the Apple TV Plus app on your Google TV, it is time for you to sign in and start streaming. The simple steps you need to follow are as follows,
- When the installation is done, choose open to run the app
- You are almost done. Now, click on Start Watching on the home screen of the Apple TV.
- Then go to the Settings icon that you will find in the top-right corner of the screen. Choose it.
- Choose the Accounts tab
- On the next screen, select the Sign In
- You will now be provided with three different options.
– Sign In on Mobile Device: You will require your iPhone to perform this process. Activate the Apple TV app by scanning the QR Code that will be displayed on the screen from your iPhone if you choose this option.
-Sign In on This TV: If you have your Apple ID credentials, then you can directly enter them here by choosing this option.
-Create an Apple ID: Choose this option if you don’t have an Apple account. Enter all the necessary details that are asked to be filled in.
Note: Basically, the Apple TV App doesn’t include built-in Chromecast support. So, it would be impossible to cast Apple TV to Google TV with your smartphone. An alternate option would be screen mirroring your smartphone or PC and then casting the content to Google TV.
You might like How to Install Philo On Apple TV
How to Create an Apple ID?
If you don’t have an Apple ID, then it is impossible to access Apple services. This includes Apple TV +. To create a new Apple ID, follow the simple steps provided here,
- Open a web browser and go to the URL appleid.apple.com
- Tap on the Create your Apple ID option on the top right side of the screen.
- Enter the details asked in the fields and click on Continue.
- You need to complete the verification process.
Once it is complete, you can use the Apple ID to access all the Apple services easily.
An alternate method to stream Apple TV Plus on Google TV:
There is another option through which you can watch the content from Apple TV+ on Google TV. Follow the steps below.
- Connect a strong internet connection to both your Android mobile and Google TV
- Now, go to the play store from your android device and search for Apple TV App.
- Click on install and let the application download on your device
- Once downloaded, open the app and go to Watch Now from the below options
- On your Google TV, make sure you download the Apple TV App and log in with your Apple account credentials
- On your mobile device, go to Settings and choose Connection & Sharing
- Click on the cast and enable the connection to Google TV from the options available
- When the screencasting is done successfully, you can stream the Apple TV content on the Google TV
Read more about Apple TV on Samsung
The invisible wall between Apple and Google seemed to be down with this new, interesting feature. If you own a Google TV and want to watch movies and TV shows from Apple TV+, this article for sure would’ve answered all your questions.
Click here to read How to Watch Apple TV on LG TV
Can I watch Apple TV Plus on Google TV?
Yes, of course, you can. In this article, the different ways in which you can add the Apple TV app to Chromecast with Google TV have been explained in detail. You will clearly understand by reading them.
Is Apple TV free to watch?
It depends. You get three months of free subscriptions to Apple TV if you purchase any Apple device and redeem the offer within a period of 90 days. Or, get a 7-day free trial, after which you will be charged $6.99/month. You also get a 1-month free trial if you choose Bundle Apple TV+.