Watching Horror Movies with your friends will present you with the best moment of your life. The Shudder app is one of the best streaming services in the world which brings the best-selected horror, thriller, and supernatural movies and users. This app can be used on phones, tablets, Smart TVs, and on streaming devices like Roku, FireStick, Apple TV, and Chromecast. From this article, you can learn the procedure to get Shudder on Roku. Along with it, you can get more information about the Shudder app here.
Table of Contents
What is Shudder?
Shudder is a premium streaming service to watch exclusive horror and thriller moves and series. You can enjoy thousand of hours of horror content with new content added every week. You can access all the contents from Shudder thorugh the website, apple devices, android devices, Roku, and Amazon devices. Follow Shudder on Facebook and Twitter to get updates and announcements.
How to Get Shudder on Roku?
The Shudder app is available on Roku Channel Store, which makes it easier to get it on your Roku devices. You will need a Shudder membership to access the movies and series available on it. Watch Hollywood favorites, cult classics, original shows, and critically acclaimed new films with Shudder on Roku. Follow the simple procedure to get the Shudder app on your Roku device.
How to Install Shudder on Roku?
- Press the Home button on your Roku remote and select Store.
- Use the search icon and find the Shudder app on the Channel Store.
- Tap on Add Channel option from the app details page.
- The Shudder app is installed on Roku after a few seconds.
Using the Channel Store site and Roku App:
- Visit the channelstore.roku.com site and sign in with your Roku account on any web browser.
- Install Roku mobile app and sign in with Roku credentials on its supported devices.
- Search for the Shudder app and reach its details page.
- Click on Add Channel to get the app on your Roku account.
- On your Roku device go to Settings, choose System, select System Update adn tap on Check Now.
- The Shudder app will get added to your Roku device.
You may also like to learn about How to Install TCM on Roku?
How to get Shudder Membership?
You can get the Shudder membership by directly signing up on its official site. New members can get a seven-day free trial period. The membership plans offered by Shudder are as follows,
$5.99 per Month
$56.99 per year
- On the Shudder official Site and tap on the Try 7 Days Free option.
- Create a new account with your Email ID and provide a good password.
- Choose a subscription plan and complete the Membership purchase.
You have now successfully created a Shudder account that you can use on any of its supported devices. The billing starts after the trial period ends and will be renewed automatically at the end of the membership until you cancel it.
How to Activate Shudder on Roku?
Once you have got the Shudder app on your Roku device, launch the app. Tap on the Sign In option to get the Shudder Activation Code on your TV screen. To activate Shudder on your Roku device, follow the simple procedures given here.
- Visit the shudder.com/code site at any browser on your Phone or PC.
- Enter your Shudder credentials along with the Activation code and tap on Activate your Device option.
The Shudder app on Roku refreshes and gets you to its home page. Here you can find all the content offered by Shudder. Choose a series or movie of your choice and start streaming it on your Roku device.
If you are interested in LGBT content, you can refer to How to Watch Logo TV on Roku?
Alternate Ways to Get Shudder on Roku?
You can get Shudder on your Roku device along with your YouTube TV app as an Add-on Network. When you add the Shudder TV channel along with YouTube TV you will need to pay $72.99+$6 per month. With the three months offered by YouTube TV, you access Shudde along with 100+ Live channels for $68.99 per month.
The YouTube TV app can be to on your Roku device from its channel store for free. After activating YouTube TV on Roku you can easily access Shudder on your Roku device.
NOTE: You can only watch live streams of handpicked movies, series, new releases, and curator favorites on Shudder TV 24/7.
Cast Shudder to Roku:
If you already have access to the Shudder app on your Phone or Tablet, you can easily bring it to your Roku device’s big screen by screencasting. To do so your device with the Shudder app and Roku device must be connected to the same WiFi network. The simple procedure to cast Shudder to your TV screen is as follows,
- Select the Casting or Screen Mirroring Icon on your Phone or Tablet.
- Now from available devices select your Roku device.
- Follow the prompts that appear on your Roku TV screen.
- Once you get your phone or tablet screen on your TV screen play any content from Shudder and watch it on your Roku device.
You may also like to learn about How to Watch Shudder on PS5?
How to Fix Shudder Not Working on Roku?
The Shudder app gets updated regularly on all of its supported platforms. There are some instances, where you can find the Sudder app not working on your Roku device. There are many reasons for these errors to occur. You can fix these errors easily and make Shudder work on Roku easily. Some of the steps you can use to fix this issue are as follows,
- Power Cycle: Disconnect the Roku device from the power source and your TV’s HDMI port. After a few minutes reconnect the Roku device to your TV and connect it to a power source.
- Update the Shudder app and Roku Firmware to its latest version.
- Connect your Roku device to a good WiFi or Ethernet connection.
- Delete the Shudder app and re-install it on your Roku device.
How to Cancel Shudder Membership?
If you ever want to stop streaming Shudder, you need to cancel its membership. Because, even if you delete the Shudder app, you will get automatically billed every month. To stop this you need to do it correctly. The steps to cancel Shudder Membership are as follows,
- Go to the Shudder official site and sign in with your credentials.
- Select the My Account option and tap on the Membership Settings option.
- Choose the Cancel Membership option and follow the instruction to cancel Shudder Membership.
NOTE: You can use this method only if you have subscribed to Shudder through the official site with your credit card details.
Watch never-ending horror with Shudder on Roku with the help of this article. Make sure to cancel your subscription if you want to stop the automatic billing of Shudder. WiFi with an Internet Bandwidth of 3Mbps or higher is recommended to watch Shudder content in its best quality on any device.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I Get Shudder on Xbox?
Yes, you can easily get the Shudder app on your Xbox from the Microsoft Store. Sign in with your membership credentials and stream its contents on yoru Xbox Game console.
What are the Video Resolutions offered by Shudder?
Most of its movies and series are available at 720p, but older contents are available only at 480p. The bandwidth of your internet connection can directly affect the video resolution on the Shudder app.