Turn off Camera Sound on Snapchat: Snapchat has always been a fun and exciting camera application to use on mobile phones. If you are annoyed by the shutter sound it makes, you can turn it off in the settings.
In this article, we will see how to turn off the camera sound on Snapchat.
Table of Contents
What is Snapchat?
Snapchat is one of the most widely used apps and has got itself a permanent spot as the in-built application on almost all mobile devices. It is a simple camera app with a lot of other functions that you can explore around.
Snapchat lets you connect with different people from any part of the world with their registered names. A lot of filters allow you to play around with funny pictures you click. It is compatible with both Android and Apple devices.
Apart from taking pictures, you can also take videos and share them with your friends. The feature called Bitmoji gives you the freedom to be independent and creative in creating your own virtual caricature avatar of yourself. In the below session, we will show you the ways to turn off camera sound on Snapchat in a brief.
How to Turn off Camera Sound on Snapchat?
That all being said about the best part of Snapchat, there is this one small issue, or more like an annoyance, with the app. That is, you will hear the shutter sound every time you click a picture. Let’s say you are somewhere in a silent place and want to take some pictures of beautiful scenery. Right as you click, you hear the shutter sound, and all the attention is now focused on you.
Yes, that would be quite an embarrassment. But the thing is, Snapchat doesn’t have settings on its own to turn off the camera sound. But with the following steps, at least you can turn it off by using the following modes. The most important thing is this method is only accessible for Android and iOS devices. However, disabling the sound will make your privacy while you record or take pictures.
1. Turn off Camera Sound on Snapchat using Stock Camera App
- Open your Camera app on your Android device.
- Based on the model of your mobile device, find and go to the settings of the camera app.
- If you are a Pixel or other stock Android device user, find the settings options by swiping the screen from the top.
- When you are inside the camera app, look for the options to turn off the camera shutter sound.
- Now, you can use Snapchat to click pictures without any shutter sound.
2. Turn off Camera Sound on Snapchat from iPhone/iPad
If you are an iOS user, you can follow the following steps to turn off the camera sound.
For iOS 12 and Previous mobiles:
- A feature called Assistive touch is available on iOS devices which lets you control all the basic functions of your mobile.
- Click on Settings and then General.
- In the General, choose Accessibility to open it.
- From the given options, enable Assistive Touch.
- You will now be able to access the Assistive Touch. Tap on it and click the Device icon.
- You will get another list of options. Choose Unmute.
- Now, the shutter sound will be turned off. You can click pictures from Snapchat without the shutter noise.
For iOS 13 and the Latest models:
- From the home screen of your mobile device, slide the screen from the top or bottom and get the iOS control panel.
- Use the volume slider option and pull it all the way down to turn off any sound.
- Another option is that you can mute physically by clicking the mute button on the left side of your mobile.
Hence, based on the device you use, you can use the relevant steps and turn off the shutter sound while you are using Snapchat.
3. Enable the Do Not Disturb Mode from your SmartPhone:
Both Android and iOS users can utilize this technique in order to disable the shutter sound from their devices while they take pictures. If you are using a newer version mobile device then surely it has a do not disturb mode feature from the mobile settings.
However, it turns off all the incoming and outgoing notifications and sounds for not to get distracted from anything. You can choose these steps whether you are using an Android or iOS device in order to turn off the camera sound on Snapchat.
- Swipe down to the Notification Panel from your Android device.
Note: If you are using an iOS device then pull down the Control Center.
- Now tap on the Do Not Disturb mode to turn it on from your device.
- Whenever you are taking pictures from Snapchat, you should enable it to avoid the shutter sound from the camera.
Another Way to Turn Off Camera Sound on Snapchat:
Set your Smartphone to a Silent Mode:
However, there are certain variations between using Snapchat on Android and Snapchat on iOS devices yet it has some common qualities. Besides, the Snapchat app is similar to the fact that your smartphone is in silent mode.
Now you won’t hear any shutter sound while taking a picture. Above all, this method will be applicable to both Android and iOS devices.
Lower the Volume:
You can lower your volume while you take pictures from Snapchat whether you are using Android or iOS. Press the volume low button in order to lower the volume from your smartphone. Now you won’t hear any sound while you take pictures.
Certainly, Snapchat comes with a bunch load of fun features that will never spare you a second to be bored. Now, let us take a look at all the major features it provides.
- The first feature is called Snap. Basically, the colloquial term for Snapchat is Snap. It can also be used as a name given for the pictures that you take. For the videos, simply say it as Long Snap. When you send someone a picture or a video, Snapchat deletes it automatically from the platform after the recipient views it.
- Another feature you might be aware of is the Stories. If you are an Instagram user, you will definitely know about the function of a story. Likewise, Snapchat works the same way. When you post a picture or a video as a story, it stays in your account for 24 hours, and all of your friends can view them.
- Filters are a notable and infamous feature of Snapchat. If you like it or not, at least for once, you would’ve tried any filter to feel its fun. The filters are regularly updated to keep the users engaged. You get special filters on special occasions like holidays, sports matches, and more.
- Chat is an interesting feature in Snapchat. You can message your friends or even a stranger. The catch is the messages are instantly deleted from the chatbox when it’s read.
- The most exciting feature of Snapchat is the SnapMap. When you click on the direction arrow at the bottom of your screen, the world map will be shown to you. You can zoom in or out based on your preference and tap on any place to see public stories of Snap users.
- With the Discover mode, you get to see the stories of big brands and companies. This is very helpful for business people, content creators, publishers, and many more.
The features will go endless if listed. To give you an idea of why people are super crazy about Snapchat, these features will be an introduction.
Snapchat is a great way to keep in touch with your friends as well as be aware of the latest trends around the world. In this article, you have understood how to turn off the Camera sound on Snapchat.
Therefore, you will have lots of fun if you get a hold of the fun activities you can do with Snapchat. Explore the app whenever you can, and you will not be disappointed with its use. You will start looking at the world a lot creatively.