The Sky Go app is now better with its latest and biggest update. The Sky Go app’s new UI is sleek and easy to navigate. Get the app now on its supported devices and get the best TV streaming experience. Xbox is one of the Sky Go app-supported devices. If you want to install and watch live TV on your Xbox console using the Sky Go app, then follow this article. Here you can find the procedure to install and the step to subscribe and access Sky Go on Xbox.
Table of Contents
Can You Get Sky Go on Xbox?
It is also possible to get connect your Sky Box to your Xbox Console and watch all the channels available on your cable subscription. For alternatives, you can just cast the Sky Go app from your iOS or Android devices to your game console and watch it on your TV.
How to Get Sky Go on Xbox One / X / S?
The Sky Go app can be easily installed on yoru Xbox One / X / S game consoles from its default app store. After getting the app, you can just use your Sky ID to access Live TV, Sports, Movies, TV Shows, and more entertainment on your Xbox. Now follow the simple procedure given here to get the SkyGo app on your Game Console.
How to Install Sky Go on Xbox One / X / S?
- Go to Microsoft Store on your Xbox Game console
- On the left side scroll down to Apps and select it.
- Select the Search icon and enter the name of the app “Sky Go.”
- From the result select the Sky Go app icon and go to its information page.
- Select Get the option to download and install Sky Go app on your XboxOne/ X / S console.
After installation, you can find the SkyGo app in the App section of your Xbox console.
NOTE: You must be any of the Sky service users to access Sky Go without any subscriptions.
How to Create a New Sky ID and Subscribe to Sky Go?
- Visit skyid.sky.com/signup site on your phone or PC web browser.
- Provide the information asked and tap on Create Sky ID.
- Verify your registered Email ID and your Sky ID is created.
Now you can easily watch SkyGo on your Xbox One / X / S game console using your Sky ID. If you are in the UK you can access all the features of Sky Go for free. You may also like to learn about getting SkyGo on other streaming devices like FireStick, follow How to Install Sky Go on Firestick? and watch your favorite channels on it.
Channels available on Sky Go
Movies / Sports
Sky Cinema | Sky Sports | ViaPlay Sports | BT Sports 1 | BT Sports 2 | BT Sports 3 | BT Sports ESPN
5star | 5 USA | Alibi | Channel 4 | Channel 5 | RTÉ One | RTÉ 2 | Virgin Media One, including UTV Ireland | 3e | Comedy Central | Fox | ITV 4 | Sky Atlantic | Syfy | Challenge | Good Food | GOLD | ITVBe | Sky Arts | TLC | Pick | Dave | ITV | Lifetime | Sky Witness | Universal | Home | E4 | ITV 2 | More 4 | Sky One | W | Real Lives | E! | ITV 3 | MTV | STV | Vice
Boomerang | Cartoonito | Cartoon Network | CITV | Nicktoons | Baby TV | Nickelodeon | Nick JR | RTÉ Jr
Animal Planet | Crime & Investigation Network | Discovery Channel | Eden | Sky History | Sky History 2 HD | National Geographic | Nat Geo Wild | Sky Nature | Sky Documentaries | Sky History
News / International
Sky News | CBNC | Star Plus | Sony TV | Colours | Zee TV | Star Gold
NOTE: If you are from the US and want to access Sky Go then you will need a good VPN service to avoid Geo-Restrictions.
Closed Captions or Subtitles for Sky Go on Xbox One / X / S
You can access Subtitles on the Sky Go app on your Xbox console. Xbox allows you to customize the subtitles or Closed Captions for all the applications on it. You can also switch on subtitles for the Sky Q box if it is connected to your Xbox console. follow the simple procedure to get and customize closed captions or Subtitles on for Sky on your Xbox.
Subtitles or Closed Captions Settings on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S
- On your Xbox controller press the Xbox button.
- Go to Profile & System option and choose Settings.
- Tap on Accessibility and select Captioning.
- You can find options like,
Captioning Off | On using default style | On using customized style
Select On to enable CC or Closed Captioning on your Xbox console. To customizes you can do for CC on yoru Xbox are as follows,
Color | Tranparency | Size | Style | Effects | Background Color | Background Transparency | Window Colour | Window Transparency
How to Turn on Subtitles on Sky Q?
- Tap on the home button on your Sky remote.
- Go to the Settings menu and select the Accessibility option.
- Now choose Subtitle and press Select to toggle the subtitles setting.
You have now successfully enabled Subtitles on your Sky Q device.
Alternate Ways to Get Sky Go on Xbox
Other than directly watching Sky Go channels on Xbox, you can just cast or mirror it from its other supported devices. If you have a Sky Device at your home you can directly connect it to your Xbox HDMI port and access live TV channels. Here are the simple procedures to get the Sky Go channel on your game console.
How to Connect Sky Q Box to Xbox One / X / S?
- Connect your Sky Q and Xbox Console with an HDMI cable.
- Turn on your Xbox and select the Setup your cable or satellite box option.
- Now turn on your Sky box, Read the on-screen instructions, and select Next.
- Follow through the TV guide and provide your postal code.
- Now tap on the TV Provider dropdown menu and select your Sky Q model and press Next.
You are now all set and can watch all your favorite channels from Sky Box on your Xbox console. The video quality on your Xbox seems to be somewhat not okay. It is because your Sky box supports 4K but Xbox only has HDMI 1.4 which does not support 4K. But if you can downgrade the quality of pictures from the Sky Q you can get the best Video experience on Xbox.
Downgrade Video Quality of Sky TV on Xbox
- Go to your Sky TV home page on Xbox and select Settings.
- On General Settings, select the TV and Display options
- Now move to Resolution and select TV & OneGuide option.
- You select the Resolution you want and change them accordingly with your Xbox console.
Do you have a PS5 at your home, then try Sky Go on PS5 and watch our favorite SkyGo channels on it.
How to Screencast Sky Go to Xbox?
With the help of the Wireless Display app from Xbox’s default App store, you can easily cast your PC, Android, and iOS device screens to yoru Xbox. To do so your Xbox and Sky Go app-supported device must be connected to the same WiFi network. Follow the simple procedures given here to get SkyGo on your Xbox game console.
- Visit the official App Store Xbox, and search for the Wireless Display app.
- Now download and install the Wireless Display app on Xbox.
- Go to the My Games & Apps section on your Xbox and select Wireless Display.
- Select the Cast or Mirror options on your Smartphone.
- On PC select the Connect option.
- Choose your Xbox console to establish a connection
The device’s screen is now cast to your Xbox. Now you can access the SkyGo app and watch it live on your Xbox console.
You may also like to get SkyGo on your Xbox 360 console, for that you can refer to How to Install and Access Sky Go on Xbox 360?