One of the minor and common problems all face is that not able connect your Xbox to your controller. In other words, in the Xbox gaming console, the Xbox sync button is not working. The end result is that you will lose your game for sure and also Sync will stop working suddenly. As the game console is nothing without the controller, you will be very much annoyed by this issue. But this article will help you get rid of this issue and make your sync button work. In this article, you will see the ways to fix Xbox one Sync button not working issue.
Fix the Xbox one Sync button not working issue
The Microsoft Xbox one and the sync button not working is a minor and simple issue. Sometimes, there might be a possibility that your Controller might not work while playing the game. There are four solutions to fix the Xbox one Sync Button not working issue.
Test the status of your Xbox Controller
The foremost thing you should do before doing other things is to test the status of your Xbox controller and check for any issue.
Test the Controller Status of your Xbox controller– Always make sure the controller is close to the gaming console. Make sure that there are no objects in between the interference. There are chances that Wireless devices like Wireless routers, USB, and Flash drives might become a hindrance.
Test the Controller’s Battery Status– Sometimes, a simple fix might totally make the console work just fine. In this case, check whether the controller’s batteries are functioning properly and not running out of power. Also, replace the batteries and see to check the Xbox one Sync Button is working fine.
Fix the Xbox one Sync button not working by Resyncing the Controller
When using a wireless controller, you can try resyncing the controller to fix the Xbox one sync button issue.
1) On your gaming console, click the “Connect” button, this connect button is on the side tray on Xbox one.
2) Keep pressing the connect button on the side tray of the controller until the Xbox box button flashes. As soon as you see a solid light, it means that it is re-synced.
3) This method will work fine in the case of a Wireless controller without any glitch.
4) In case, if you are using the USB cable to sync between the console and the Controller then try this
5) Connect this USB cable to the Xbox’s port and then attach it with your controller.
6) Now, long-press the Xbox button on the controller to sync it.
Test the Console’s Power Cycle
To put it in simple terms, Power cycling is nothing but rebooting your console. If the Xbox one sync button not working issue is due to some corruption, then this might fix it.
1) Firstly, long press and hold the Xbox button until the gaming console completely shuts down which usually takes 10 seconds.
2) Secondly, long press and hold the Xbox button until the gaming console turns on.
3) Immediately, check if you can connect the controller to your console.
Update the controller’s software to the latest version
There is a high possibility that your controller may not sync and misbehave if the software is out of date for a long time. Ensure you have updated it to the latest version.
1) Meanwhile, connect the Xbox controller with a USB cable to fix the Xbox one sync button not working issue.
2) Launch the Xbox Live app and sign in your credentials and hover to the “Menu” button and select “Settings”.
3) Choose “Devices&Accessories” next to Power and Setup tab.
4) Tap on the controller’s name you are using and give an Update.
5) Finally, wait for the update process to complete and check whether this has fixed the issue.
Like, Live Net TV for PC
In the Xbox gaming console, the Xbox sync button is not working and the end result is that you will lose your game for sure. Also, Sync will stop working suddenly and as the game console is nothing without the controller, you will be very much annoyed by this issue.
Check this out, Steam games on NVidia Shield