Discord is the application that helps to interact with your near and dear ones and also to make a closed neighborhood. But then, what is more, uncomfortable is managing the Discord server. Maintaining the old message in the app is the biggest problem for the active Discord server. Discord is not only well-known for its voice chat option but also famous for its text chat feature. The following article shows you steps to delete Discord messages.
You may like, tpk Player on FireStick
Discord is an amazing gaming application and also it is notable for its text message characteristics. Loading bunches of messages in the text chat relies on the quantity of the Discord server. Discord contains two different types of text messages, and they are,
- Direct messages
- Channel messages
Direct messages help in a private chat between two people and Channel messages feature that using one particular channel sends the text messages in the entire community. These two types of messages have varied rules and functioning procedures. In the earlier stage when Discord was newly used, users delete messages in mass quantity but that lead to many database issues. So the mass deleting option was discarded from the local user interface.
How to Delete Direct Messages in Discord?
By closing the chat board or by erasing particular messages from the history, you can delete a Direct message in Discord. The following steps show you to clear the Direct messages.
1- Go to your chat box to delete with whom you shared your messages and then by right-clicking on the user, choose Message.
2- Now, navigate to the option Conversation and tap on x.
How to Delete Channel Messages in Discord?
For deleting the Channel messages, we have got different methods like Manual Deletion, Use a Discord Hot, and Clone the channel.
1- Manual Deletion
- Click on the text channel which you wanted to delete.
- Go to the message and wait till you find the three-dot option. Now tap on that option and then choose Delete.
- Now, you will get a confirmation message where you have to select Delete.
This method works great but if you wanted to delete lots of messages then you can try for the below-given method.
Also, search Connect Roku to WiFi
2- Use discord Bot
There are many bots to mass delete the messages from channels but among many bots, MEE6 is the best one. Install MEE6 and delete the channels effortlessly. Follow the below-given steps to use this method.
- Go to the MEE6 website.
- Choose to Add to Discord.
- Tap on Authorize to permit the hot to function on the server.
- Choose an appropriate server.
- Choose the option to continue in the pop-up message to merge the MEE6, not to your Discord server.
- Now, MEE6 gets approval to delete the messages and then tap on the Authorize option.
- Select the Captcha box and follow the instruction for user verification.
Now the MEE6 is would have been installed in your Discord server. You have two different types of options to delete the messages. You can either follow the instructions from the browser screen or you can type commands inside the Discord chat to erase the messages.
The following commands help you to clear the messages in the Discord app.
- !clear@username – using this command you can delete a particular user’s last 100 chats.
- !clear500 – helps to delete the previous 500 chats from the channel.
By changing the number, you can also delete many more messages.
3- Clone the channel
If the above-given method fails to work then, clone the channel. This method clears all the messages from the channels.
- By right-clicking on the channel, choose the Clone channel.
- You can name the cloned channel and then tap on create a channel.
- Now, delete the previous channel and then access the recently cloned channel to put in any bots you want.
By cloning the channels all your previous messages would have been deleted from the old channel and also you will get a fresh channel with the exact setting.
To delete messages in Discord, follow the above-given methods properly so that you can delete discord messages effortlessly. We hope this article will help you.
Similar post, Clear Cache on FireStick