Vudu is one of America’s best video streaming and rental service provider. Here you can stream your favorite free video content and rent your favorite movies and watch it on your TV. You can access the service offered by Vudu on many devices. Lately, many have been looking for methods to watch Vudu on Samsung TV. Here I have provided all the information you need to get this service on your TV. Continue to read and learn about the different methods that can be used to stream Vudu on Samsung TV.
Table of Contents
Is Vudu on Samsung TV?
Yes, you can get the Vudu Fandango application on your Samsung Smart TV from its default app store. You can also screencast the Vudu app from other supported devices to your Samsung TV screen. With the help of supported streaming devices, you can access Vudu on your Samsung TV.
Vudu is a streaming service and video store where you can rent on-demand videos and purchase digital films with secure digital lockers. It got owned by Fandango Media in 2020 and is now available on,
- Smart TVs: Vizo, Samsung, LG
- Game Consoles: PlayStation, Xbox, Nvidia.
- Streaming Device: Roku, TIVO, Xfinity, Chromecast, Amazon Fire TV.
- PCs: Lenovo, Asus, Dell, HP
- Android Phone and Apple Phone
- Blu-Ray players: Vizo, Samsung, LG
In Vudu, you can rent movies or shows from $0.99 to $5.99, and you can purchase them from $4.99 to $24.99.
The Vudu app can be downloaded on devices using Google Play Store, Apple App Store, and Microsoft Store.
How to Get Vudu on Samsung TV?
As said before, you can easily install the Vudu application on your Samsung TV from its app store. You can either find it under respective categories or search for it and install it on your Samsung TV. Here are the simple procedures you need to follow the get Vudu on your TV.
Download Vudu on Samsung TV:
- Turn on and Connect Samsung TV to a good WiFi Network
- Find the Smart Hub button on your Remote.
- Click the button to go to the Samsung TV home screen
- You can find the “Apps” option on the Home page
- Navigate to it and press ok to open.
- Tap on the search icon located at the top-right corner of the TV screen.
- Type “Vudu” on the search bar using the on-screen keyboard.
- Select the Vudu app from the results obtained from the search.
- Tap on Install and wait.
- The Vudu app is now installed on your TV.
How to Activate Vudu on Samsung TV:
Now that you have got the Vudu application on your Samsung TV, it is time for you to activate it and start streaming. Get the activation code and use it on the activation site. The steps you need to follow and get Vudu activated on your TV are as follows,
- On your Samsung TV, search and open the Vudu app.
- Please note down the Activation Code from your TV screen for activation.
- On any device, Go to the official website of Vudu on a browser.
- Click on the link https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/codesetup?cid=codeActivation to enter the activation page.
- Type the code and sign in or Sign up with your credentials.
- You can see your Samsung TV refresh screen and show the contents.
Your Vudu app gets activated on your TV with the steps given above.
This step makes it possible to watch your favorite Vudu content, like Movies and TV shows, on your Samsung TV. You need to pay for the content you want to watch; the payment method is using a Debit card or Paypal. You may also like to learn about How to Activate Vudu on Smart TV?
Alternative Methods to watch Vudu on Samsung TV:
If you are using an old model Samsung TV or do not have access to Samsung App Store, you can try other alternative methods to get the Vudu app on your TV. You can screencast Vudu on Samsung TV or use Stremaing devices with access to Vudu on your TV.
How to Cast Vudu on Samsung TV?
- Make sure to connect devices that have access to Vudu and your TV to the same WiFi Network.
- Download the Vudu app from the respective app store on your device and log in or Sign up with your credentials.
- You must Pay for the content you want to watch.
Enable Samsung TV for Mirroring:
- On your Samsung TV, go to Settings.
- Tap on “General”
- Navigate to “External Device Manager“
- Go to “Device Connection Manager“
- Then select your device from the device list.
Connect device and TV:
- Select screencast/ screen mirror/ connect to a wireless display on your device.
- From the search result and select your Samsung TV.
- On your Samsung TV, click “Allow” on the notification pop-up
- Your device gets mirrored on your Samsung TV.
You can now watch your favorite content from Vudu on your TV with the help of the screen mirroring method.
Stream Vudu on Samsung TV using Streaming Devices:
You can connect Vudu supporters streaming devices to your Samsung TV HDMI port. Once connected, you can connect it to a WiFi network and start to access its default app store. From this app store, you can download and install the Vudu app on your device and access its service on your TV. Vudu is available on streaming devices such as,
- Amazon Fire TV
Steps to Get and Watch Vudu on Your Streaming Device:
- Connect any streaming devices to your Samsung TV and a WiFi Network.
- Go to the respective app/channel store.
- Search the Vudu app
- Download and install the app on your streaming device.
- From the app, select the movie you like to watch
- You must Pay for the service, which can be done by using a debit card or Paypal.
With these following steps, you can now watch your favorite Vudu content on your TV. You may also like to learn about How to Get Vudu on Firestick?
You can now watch your favorite Vudu content on your Samsung TV with this article. The simple methods and steps provided are easy to follow. If you have any doubts regarding the contents of this article, you can ask them in the comment section. Thank you for the time you have spent reading this article; I hope that you have found what you were looking for with the help of this article.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Can I Watch Vudu outside of the USA?
Vudu is geo-restricted to USA and Mexico. Other than this region, you cannot access Vudu. But with the help of a VPN service, you can change your location to any of the supported regions and stream Vudu on your device.
What are the alternatives for Vudu?
Netflix, YouTube, Prime Video, Hulu+Live TV, and more streaming services can be considered alternatives for Vudu.