VLC is the most favourite media player for many people. The amazing thing about VLC is that it is a user-friendly interface that contains several customization options. VLC is the openly accessible media player which permits to play multimedia files. This is accessible on several devices like Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, Amazon Fire Stick, Roku, and much more.
VLC provides exact subtitles for your video content. Also, it has got advanced features like synchronization, audio, and video filters.
Roku is one of the best streaming services which doubles you joy by watching anything from windows PC or Smartphone devices directly on the larger screen television. You can view videos, photos, and music on a bigger screen, but what you need the most is the best media player. Here you can get some famous streaming services on Roku like Netflix, Amazon Prime, YouTube, Hulu, Sling TV, and much more.
People who have Windows PC would have been installed VLC on it. But Roku is not like a Windows PC because you can install your needed apps, games, and channels from the Roku channel store. Since the player is not available on the Roku Channel Store, you have to cast VLC on Roku from either your PC or Android device. You can cast video content on Roku as it is a smart streaming device. To access VLC on the Roku device, you have to use Roku as a virtual Chromecast.
Also Read: How to Install Plex on Firestick
How to Cast VLC on Roku From Windows PC?
Before starting the casting process, make sure whether your PC and Roku has got the same Wi-Fi network connection. Follow the below-given steps to cast your VLC on Roku.
- First of all, Launch the VLC app on PC or play any video through a VLC media player.
- Select Playback on the menu bar.
- Select Renderer so that your Roku will be displayed on the screen.
- Click the Roku device to cast.
- Now you can watch the video on your Roku device.
- If you get any pop-up notification like Insecure Site, select view certificate.
- Now, tap on Accept permanently.
Similar Post: Chromecast Dlna Upnp
How to Cast VLC on Roku from Your Smartphone?
People who use mobile to cast VLC on Roku should also maintain the same Wi-Fi network connection between smartphones and Roku. The following steps guide you to cast VLC on Roku using your Smartphone.
- Launch the VLC app on smartphones.
- Click on the cast Icon, which appears on the top of the screen.
- Click the Roku device.
- When the casting is connected, then the video from the VLC will be displayed cast on the Roku device.
VLC is the best media player app where you can stream the content through the app without any ads. Since it doesn’t permit any malware, you can use the app without any issues. But VLC is not available on Roku, so you can make use of the casting option to use VLC on Roku. We hope this article will help you surely to cast VLC on Roku.